Holybro Tekko32 ESC(35A)

I’ve never worked with a Pixhawk 4 but from what I can see it has 4 UARTs: GPS1, TEL1, TEL2, TEL4. Looking at the picture in the user guide, my guess would be that UART & I2C B corresponds to TEL4. Try setting DSHOT_TEL_CFG to TEL4. Alternatively, connect it to one of the other telemetry ports and configure it accordingly to avoid the uncertainty of the port labeling as a first step.

To be clear, you are saying it is necessary to connect the “TX” Pin from the ESC to “RX” pin on the “UART & I2C B” to have the MAVLink console working correctly? I purchased a cable that will be here by Thursday to do that. I’ll make that connection and will let you know.

P.S. Do you know if there is documentation on how to address these ports on the Pixhaw-4 in the “MAVLink console” and use them for other peripherals?

Thanks.

Yes that’s right.

Serial port configuration is here: Redirecting to latest version of document (main)

Nicolas,
I connected all 4 “TX” pins fromthe ESCs to the “RX/Pin3” “UART & I2C B” port on the Pixhaw 4. No Change. I made sure DSHOT_TEL_CFG is set to “UART 6” and even I issued “dshot Telemetry UART 6” on the MAVLink console, but NO changes. The “Dshot status”, comes back with infomration, but that is all. It keeps coming back with the same Error message: “ERROR [dshot] Telemetry is not enabled, but required to get ESC info”

Let me know.
Thanks

Did you restart the FC after setting the DSHOT_TEL_CFG parameter?

dshot Telemetry UART 6 wouldn’t work. The argument needs to be a serial device such as /dev/ttyS3. Also, “telemetry” needs to be lower case. But that command is redundant if you have set DSHOT_TEL_CFG .

Why did you set the parameter to UART 6 if you connected the ESCs to “UART & I2C B”? According to the documentation, USART 6 is the “RC SBUS” port. https://docs.px4.io/master/en/flight_controller/pixhawk4.html#serial-port-mapping
As I suggested before, first try with a port that you can identify without doubt, such as TELEM 1.

Nicolas,
When I am connected to the Pixhawk-4 on MAVLink Console and type “Help” or just “dshot” on the command line, it will list the commands and their parameters.

Also, the “Dshot” menu in the QGround Control, lists the settings needed, that is how I started “Dshot” and below it is the parameter “DSHOT_TEL_CFG”, which gives me the following selection to chosse from: “UART 6, TELEM 1,2,3, TELEM/SERIAL 4, GPS1,2,3 and Radio Controller”. Then you save and reboot the FC. So, that is why I selected “UART 6”.

The TELEM1 is the connection between my PC and the FC through the Telemetry Radio. So, when I use that my connection gets disrupted and can’t communicat with Pixhaw-4. There is no Keyboard and monitore attached to the Pixhaw-4.

If the commands need to me excutated on the “MAVLink Console” manualy then I need to find out what those are and configure it manualy. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi,
I was able to connect to the AUX side of the Pixhawk-4 after I loaded Ardupilot and Was able to see the Tekko32 ESCs with the BLHeli32. The ESC numbersing is not matching with the X-Frame Quad for some reason, ESC-1 shows up as ECS-5 and ESC-2 showes up as ESC-6 etc…Other informati9ons on the motors and their ESC setting is OK.