Hardware/Pixhawk Dev Call: Dec 01, 2020

Dec 01, 2020

Call Moderators

Agenda Items

  • FMUv5X - productization update by Holybro @Vincentpoont2
  • FMUv6 update by Andrew Smith, Gumstix
  • FMUv6X proposal and update by CUAV (Jinger)
  • PX4 96boards Mezzanine board (Sahaj)

Dail In

Direct link to the meeting:

Who’s on the call

  • Jinger Zeng (Dronecode)
  • Ramon Roche (Dronecode)
  • Lorenz Meier (Auterion)
  • Daniel Agar (PX4)
  • David Sidrane (PX4)
  • Sahaj Sarup (Linaro / 96Boards)
  • Andrew Smith (Gumstix)
  • Alex Klimaj (Ark Electronics)
  • Vincent Poon (Holybro)
  • Ray Stits (ModalAI)
  • Chad Sweet (ModalAI)
  • Jacob Christ
  • Dugan Yoon
  • Andres

Meeting Minutes

FMUv6 Update from Gumstix

New doc for FMUv6 (not v6x) with updated pinout and diagrams for the v6 reference design

Open Question to the group: What is missing from the FMUv5X that we can’t get this done properly? (The schematics are just an example of the standard)

TODO: Host a working-level meeting to go through FMUv6 & FMUv5 in parallel for all the implicit assumptions. Who wants to participate?

96Boards / PX4 Mezzanine implementation

Their goal is to make a bridge between FMU SOM and 96Boards specification boards, the goal is to have a plug and play compatibility with more powerful companion computers for auxiliary tasks. “Bridging both worlds!”.

TODO: Workgroup meeting with 96boards to define a breakout connector to the FMUv6/FMUv5 and PAB specs

Pixhawk SIG Governance

Discussed how we are planning to make the Pixhawk standard open and transparent to the community including:

  • Product launch process (how to launch a Pixhawk based product)
  • Testing and Verification
  • Trademark usage
  • Brand enforcement
  • Qualification process

Holybro FMUv5X

Working on a product based on FMUv5X, and it should be ready in a couple of weeks, hardware will be available for developers.

TODO: Add a comment on the spec regarding the power module connector

CUAV FMUv6x Proposal

Errata and Feedback

Let me know below if I failed to capture anything the right way, and if there are any updates, or you have feedback on the call format.