Flashing PX4 on Holybro Kakute H7

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to get the PX4 Software to run on my Holybro Kakute H7 V2. The PX4 Software tells the FC is supported, but you’ve got to install the PX4 Bootloader first. ( Bootloader Flashing onto Betaflight Systems | PX4 User Guide

i tried to do it with Betaflight as described, didnt work. Now i tried it with dfu-util. The console said the Download of the hex. file was successful, but now Betaflight/Device Manager doens’t recognise the board anymore.

Could you help me to get this thing work? :slight_smile:

dfu-util wants the bin file, no the hex file as far as I’m aware.

okay thanks, do you know where i can find the bin file for the px4 Bootloader? :slight_smile:

Try this one: PX4-Autopilot/holybro_kakuteh7v2_bootloader.bin at 1ddacec36be187117e040a29df9640337159be2b · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub

Thanks, think it worked out, i was able to install the PX4 Firmware!

1 Like

Hi Julian,

trying to make the Software work on the holybro kakute h7 v2, we encountered the issue that there’s no firmware available for the board (QGC: Unable to find specified firmware / No File on the release folder in Git). Do you have access to the fitting software file for us?

1 Like

Kakute H7v2 is only going to be part of v1.14. You can try to flash latest beta/daily in QGC and check whether that works. I suspect it doesn’t yet. If it doesn’t yet, you’d have to build it from source, until that’s fixed.

1 Like