Cannot calibrate ESC with Cuav Can PMU

Hi

I am having problems calibrating my esc’s. It says timed out waiting for battery.
I am running PX4 v1.12.1 on a Cuav Nora autopilot, the current sensor is a Cuav Can PMU which will only show up when connected to the battery… so if i disconnect the PMU the autopilot will have no pmu attached since i have disabled the battery 1 and 2.
I have a separate connector for the ESC’s so the PMU can be on without powering the ESC’s.
Is there a workaround to start the calibration process or do i have to install a different PMU connected to battery 1 or 2 that will be able to detect 0V to start the calibration process?

Hey man,
You will need the PM for ESC calibration no work around for that, the Prerequisite portion in ESC Calibration | PX4 User Guide mentions this.

You should connect the ESC to the PMU which connects to battery 1 or 2, I think you want to have 2 batteries and split the power, but the flight controller doesn’t draw much so effectively you can solder the ESC to the PMU which connects to the FC without worrying of using a separate battery for powering the flights controller or servos etc

1 Like