Can I use TELE2 on my Kakute H7 mini FC?

Hi~ Dear.

I have a FC, Holybro Kakute H7 v1.3 with PX4 v1.14.0
According to PX4 document, this fc has only 1 telemetry port.

Can I use the debuggin port UART3 to TELE2?

Hi @maponarooo,

I think some details are missing in the documentation.

We successfully connected Raspberry Pi 5 and Kakute H7 mini FC via serial and used the Pi as a companion computer.

We used the TELEM 2 with the R2/T2 on the FC.

Our full setup was:

1. FC ↔ Pi through TELEM 1 (we used the JST connector because we didn’t use VTX, it’s the R1/T1 in the connector). MAV_0_CONFIG was set to TELEM 1.
  2. FC ↔ Reveicer RC_PORT_CONFIG was set to TELEM 2, and the receiver was wired SBUS_OUT to R2 on the FC.

One important note:
When we didn’t fully remove the wires from the R6 (it was in the JST connector), we had problems with the TELEM 1 channel.

It has only one official Telem port as such but you can re-configure all the serial ports however you need to.

Thank you for your response.
According to you, the R2 port was used for TELE2.
My question is, is it possible to change RC_PORT_CONFIG parameter without a separate serial port mapping.

I am planning to use R2/T2 ports that are not being used through Serial port mapping by allocating them to TELE2 and I wonder if it is possible.

Thank you for your advise.
I am planning to use R2/T2 ports that are not being used through Serial port mapping by allocating them to TELE2 and I wonder if it is possible.

I found a difference between the px4 document and the serial port map of the actual make target.
Please refer to the picture.
make polybro_kakeuteh7_default boardconfig

On the screen shown as a result, /dev/tyS1 (UART2) was mapped to TELE2.
Then can I use TELE2 as UART2?

Hi @maponarooo,

We didn’t make any changes in the firmware or configurations.
We just set the RC_PORT_CONFIG to TELEM2 while wiring the SBUS_OUT to the R2 port.

1 Like

Yes. As you said, /dev/tyS1 is composed of TELE2.
The PX4 document appears to be missing TELE2 in the port map.
Thank you.

awesome, I have opened a PR in the PX4-user_guide repository: