Accel clipping

Hello,

I keep getting the warning ‘Accel 0 clipping, not safe to fly!’ whenever I fly my drone in manual, position, or mission mode. I checked that every part of the body is tied properly, and visually I don’t see any excessive vibration in the body. Also, I’m using damper screws to install the flight controller. Can anybody advise on the issue?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Can you share a flight log plz?

This is a log for onw of the flights.

https://logs.px4.io/plot_app?log=428c0090-7588-483a-b7b3-382f6e5f8b74

@mnayfeh When the logs are examined, the vibration level seems very high.

visually I don’t see any excessive vibration in the body.

Could you check the autopilot mechanical interface connection on the frame again?

Can you perform the steps I tried to describe below and do a test flight again and share it with us?

1. Calibrate ACC & GYRO again
  2. Set SDLOG_Mod to 2: from boot until shutdown
  3. Set SDLOG_PROFILE: 19 (0 & 1 & 4 )

Good luck

Can you share a picture of the drone (especially how the autopilot is mounted)?
It seems that the horizontal vibrations are stronger (Y axis is clipping the most), did you balance the propellers?

1 Like

Hi,

I am getting an error message of “Accel 1 clipping, not safe to fly” on cube orange with PX4 version 1.13.2 but when change the firmware to 1.11.0, Accel 1 clipping error doesn’t show up.

Is this an issue of the firmware?

1 Like

This is because the warning was added in 1.12: sensors/vehicle_imu: accel clipping warning minor improvements · PX4/PX4-Autopilot@6e9e503 · GitHub

1 Like

Can you share the respective parameter for eliminating this issue?

@Jeevanantham_SK Accelerometer clipping means that the vibrations are higher than what the accelerometer can physically measure. It can’t be fixed in software, you need to reduce the amount of vibrations produced by the drone or isolate the autopilot from high frequency vibrations.

1 Like

I’m also having the problem of accel 0 clipping, and can’t calibrate it. Please help me

Usually, accel clipping happens with large vibrations; try to isolate these vibrations mechanically.