About RTK module supporting

Hi;

is this gps module supported ? GPS can’t find the signal even though I made the cable connections

unicore-um980

Looking at https://en.unicorecomm.com/products/detail/28 it says “Data Format”: NMEA-0183.

PX4 doesn’t officially support NMEA, however it supports Ashtech GPS which is based on (or similar) to NMEA, so sometimes it works.

You would have to debug what is going on in the GPS driver and add some debug output to check what is going on.

And in src/drivers/gps/devices there is this submodule: GitHub - PX4/PX4-GPSDrivers: Platform independent GPS drivers.

If that’s not something you’re familiar with you either have to find a consultant to help you with it, or find someone else here that has made it work and can help you, or use a different GPS.

Sorry, I think I might have been wrong here and NMEA support has been added in the meantime:

Have look here:

1 Like

Is this NMEA support added since Px4 v1.12.3 or earlier

thank you

Is that a question or a statement?

1 Like

hi,

sorry for the confusion. that was a question . :slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s see. I can look at the state of v1.12 here:

Then I check the GPS-devices submodule linked from that branch:

Which points to this commit:

And NMEA does not look like it’s part of it:

So to answer your question, no it’s not in v1.12. However, it would probably not be too hard to backport but that’s something you’d have to do or pay someone else to do.

1 Like

@JulianOes that was a valuable feedback…So this means i have to switch from my current px4 version to the stable version V1.13.3

" However, it would probably not be too hard to backport but that’s something you’d have to do or pay someone else to do "

i tried get someone but in vain. Do you have anyone who could help…Very happy to pay… :slightly_smiling_face:

@sibujacob I’m sure you’re aware of the list here: Maintainers - PX4 Autopilot

For my part, I’m booked until probably end of March, sorry.

1 Like

(GPS module not being detected through NMEA messages)

@JulianOes —resolved the GPS Neo-6m U-BLOX secondary GPS issue using U-Center

thank you for the support