Yet another racer in PX4 family - MindRacer

Thanks for the detailed reply.
I totally agree that good quality connectors are much better then bad quality soldering.
My point was about pro racers, they do not trust connectors at all. The rest is pretty much ok with that.
I like the 3 wire version of the PDB. If you take off the bullet connectors it becomes a good board with solder pads =)
TF card sticks dangerously too far. It will rip off with the slot all together during the crash.

I managed to rip off the FrSky port from pixracer entirely and ESP8266 port partially. So from my personal experience anything that sticks out of the board can and will be teared off

Regarding ESCs heat can definitely be a problem. That might be a reason why TBS made a single ESC per board http://team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:20a6s_esc

@anton-matosov

Exactly.
If we stand in a higher level of view, new type of reliable connectors actually can bring the racing product to a new level, for either pros or rests. It does not exist today but we as engineers have the responsibility to push things toward the right direction to make that happen.

TF card issue is pretty much limited by PCB layout density currently. For larger frame like a 210 or 250 it is not a big issue as the frame body can help shielding it. For small/tiny frame it can be work around using tape or plastic chips. In future as the CPU goes to more lower profile type and more room available it can have chance of improvements.

TBS ESC style still looks bit weird as having 4 ESC boards stacking together sounds little bit low efficient in space utilization. I am considering a more structural/modularized ESC design, may come out later soon.

@dagar

The package has been delivered and heading your way now. This is what you will get when you open the box:-)

@LorenzMeier

The boards has been sent to you. I sent you an email with the tracking number.

a RTF(Ready-to-fly) option of MR210 has been available at AirMind Store

@rolandash Are the ESCs in the RTF kit OneShot enabled? We improved our OneShot support and would like to make a push on these.

Yes, the Xrotor 30A ESCs in the kit can support OneShot 125. great to know Oneshot support has been improved!

@LorenzMeier

Hello,

Does MindRacer support Graupner SUMD? Also, I am interested in obtaining a stacking MindRacer, interface board, and MRPDB as a way to add PX4 autopilot capabilities to a Graupner quadcopter and I wanted to know how to place an order directly. Your input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

@farhan

thank you.

You can place order directly on line at AirMind store this link and here. (You may need to reload the page few times on empty shopping cart issue though)

Hello,

Is there a compatible compact GPS you can recommend?

Thanks again.

@farhan

In general a combination of ublox M8N + HMC5883/5983 chipset can work with Mindracer. Can be from any vendor as long as manufacturing quality is fair.

You can have a check on this one from HobbyKing. It looks compatible with 30.5 X 30.5 standard mounting hole (need to remove the case), that can be stacked.

Or you can check out this one here. This one looks come with the right JST-GH connector.

As all using same chipset, so will perform no big difference. The hobbyking one still using DF13 connector, so you may need to do some wiring job to connect to MindRacer.

Please note that i tried neither models, so just for your reference.

It would be great to see a MindRacer stackable GPS.

1 Like

@farhan

thank you for the advice. I am also expecting to see it soon, among many things under building currently :slight_smile:

Hi rolandash,
I want to buy Mindracer with interface board and PDB board, but website gives me Access Denied.
Do you still have them for sale?

@anton-matosov

Yes it is in stock.
The website should work fine as other orders seems come in with no problem. In which step you are having problem before checkout?

I have figured it out. There are some broken cross-links in the store itself. (E.g. From FPV drones to boards, some give 404 other 403)
But it works from the store menu.
I will place an order in next few days once I figure out what exactly I need/want :slight_smile:

No problem.

A known issue of the store is sometimes anonymous users may have problem adding product into shopping cart. Reloading from store menu, or log in as a registered user can solve the issue.

Please feel free to pin me on any further questions.

Hi,

Is there a debug cable available together with MindRacer?

@Orico4

For MindRacer there is a specially customized, very handy debug cable available.

It is recommended as this cable has built-in USB-to-serial convertor chip, with USB connector on one end, and SSHL connector on other end that can directly insert into MindRacer’s debug port. You can check the details out here.

Great I’m still new to this and gathering more knowledge I’m planning to get into the racing too. Thanks to this thread.