Wing lift assisted quad

Hi,

In some cases, the servo motor may be failed , in theory a quad plane vtol can be stabilized and controlled with the 4 tilt motors or 5 motors and returns to the home. but if the code does not have this feature , drone must transition to multirotor mode and land in that position .
can this feature be added to the px4 code ?

I don’t think that’s currently supported no. We are open for contributions to enable that if it’s something you are considering to work on.

I am not a programmer but i need this feature.

Then you need to find a contractor/consultant who can program it for you, or you need to be patient :smile:.

2 Likes

I think what you’re looking for is the QuadChute Failsafe. Look through these params to setup:

VT_FW_ALT_ERR Adaptive QuadChute
Comment: Maximum negative altitude error for fixed wing flight. If the altitude drops below this value below the altitude setpoint the vehicle will transition back to MC mode and enter failsafe RTL.

VT_FW_MIN_ALT QuadChute Altitude
Comment: Minimum altitude for fixed wing flight, when in fixed wing the altitude drops below this altitude the vehicle will transition back to MC mode and enter failsafe RTL

VT_FW_QC_P QuadChute Max Pitch
Comment: Maximum pitch angle before QuadChute engages Above this the vehicle will transition back to MC mode and enter failsafe RTL

VT_FW_QC_R QuadChute Max Roll
Comment: Maximum roll angle before QuadChute engages Above this the vehicle will transition back to MC mode and enter failsafe RTL

Good luck.

in QuadChute vehicle will transition to MC so don’t use aft motor and lift also speed is low .This will increase the time and energy needed to RTL.