VTOL Tiltrotor for Gemini-V2

I built the Gemini V-2 and I want to use it for VTOL. To do this, I am building a separate wing which will have a 4 motor configuration similar to the standard VTOL airframe. The only difference is that I need the two front motors to tilt forward when the plane transitions while the two back motors stay pointed up in there normal position. I need an airframe that will match this configuration, but I canโ€™t find one in the airframe references. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? I am still using the servos for the rudder, aileron and elevator.

Iโ€™m hoping that @tumbili could help here.

Hi @Gabe_Skidmore, Im curious to see if you received any feedback regarding this issue. I have a similar situation. I am starting to work with a VTOL that makes the transition tilting two motors. My intention is to simulate first in gazebo. There is already a vtol supported for Software and Hardware in the Loop with PX4, and there is a tiltrotor supported just for Software in the Loop but it tilts all the 4 motors. I was wondering how far did you go and if you have some guidelines about what you did.

1 Like