Using velocity Body NED with `TrajectorySetpoint` message

Is it possible to send velocity commands from the Body NED instead of Local NED with the TrajectorySetpoint message? Previously, I was using the PositionSetpoint message and there was a field for specifying the frame.

I am looking for an answer too, UP

Did you find a solution? I’m looking for using Body NED too

Why is nobody answering this? I have been looking around, it can be done with MAVSDK, it can be done with MAVROS, but so far it seems like there is no way to do it using ROS2 and MicroDDS. It is impossible to find anywhere discussing this - huge, HUGE feature request…

@frnyb Why not just convert the body NED velocity reference to local NED before sending the command?

Hi @Jaeyoung-Lim, thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate your reply. This is what I am in fact doing at the moment. The issue is that the local NED is in my application based on GNSS, but I have sensors connected to my onboard computer which provides me with the position of my target object (a powerline cable) in the body frame. So as I am interested in navigating the UAV relative to the powerline, so it is quite a work around to transform the powerline pose into the local frame to compute the reference position. As my perception system is much more accurate than what the GNSS measurements yield, I would like to avoid this. It should be possible in some way, as I can also see from the other means of using PX4 in offboard mode, as mentioned previously.

Are you aware of any alternative approaches to do this with the ROS2 / MicroDDS setup? I am using ROS2 humble and PX4 v14.0 beta1 at the moment.