Swarm Flight using 100 drones

Hi,

Recently, I demonstrated the swarm flight using 100 drones for the 100th anniversary of March 1st independence movement of Korea.

It used Pixhawk 2.1 and developed the new ground control system for swarm flights. For the accurate position estimation, I used RTK-GPS sensors.

17 Likes

That is quite impressive. Congratulations.
Did you implement a distributed controller or a centralized one?

wow, very nice!!! What hardware did you use? is the project documented anywhere with more (technical) details?

1 Like

@stmoon Any additional details you could share?

1 Like

Hi @LorenzMeier

Sorry for the late reply. Actually, I shared several things which I can share while I developed the system. However I cannot share all projects here because the technology was transferred.

This system use pixhawk 2.1. and, for the efficient communication, it does not communicate b/w drone and GCS except emergency environment. I used offboard.

On the other hand, I heard that @Jaeyoung-Lim who is my friend and work at Auterion start to develop the swarming flight system. As much as possible, I will help him.

Thanks
best regards
SungTae Moon

1 Like

Thank you very much!!

I used pixhawk 2.1. For the communication, I use 2.4 Ghz WiFi module (Digi Xbee Module)

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
SungTae Moon

Yes,

I use distributed controller. because of the limited communication. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice work @stmoon

What kind of control architecture did you use for the control of swarm?

Hi Stmoon, quite impresive!

I’m trying to do the same here. It’s posible to share/buy your project?

Thanks in advance.

Tomas

+1 is it available for sharing?

Fantastic
Very impressive work.
All using pixhawk and px4 source?

Thats amazing! Congratulations!

Amazing ! Did you use a pixhawk for every single drone ? or just for the master and another controller for the slaves ? thanks