Slow RFD868x-EU

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with the following telemetry radio?
We are experiencing extremely slow communication. It takes few minutes just to initialize.

I have tried different firmware, baud rates, setting up serial port, etc., but nothing seems to work.

1. Check communication devices of the same frequency around.
  2. RFD Firmware downgrade
  3. FC Firmware Initialization

Do it in order.

Yes. Lots of experience. Where are you based out of?

Reason is, in some locations there is a lot of traffic on the band you’re using and anecdotally or not, it is really slow.

Also, increase the air baud rate one level from the gui. You lose a little range but it increases speed dramatically.

I’ve seen this more on 868 than 900 radios.

Will try both.
Thanks.

Hi ryanjAA I have an RFD 868x model telemetry, but its problem does not appear on the RFD 900Tools screen (both ground telemetry and air telemetry). And a solid red light is on in one of my telemeters. It is in boot mode, but I cannot restore the previous software. What should I do? No matter what I do, the red light does not go away. and they did not appear on the tools screen.

Read the section in the manual about forcing the bootloader. You short a specific pin to then upload the firmware. If that doesn’t work trash it and buy another because something else is broken.