RTSP Camera Stream "URI is not specified"

Hey all,

I’m attempting to connect QGroundControl with an IP camera. In the QGC settings, I’ve passed the following URI to the video stream settings:
rtsp://user:password@192.168.2.108:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
This works perfectly well. The camera has two available streams - a high resolution/quality stream, and a low r/q stream. The above accesses the low quality stream - subtype=1

The issue I run into occurs when accessing the high quality stream - subtype=0. I’ve confirmed that the stream is working by passing the URI to FFPlay - it comes through in glorious 3840x2160 resolution - however when I pass the full URI to QGC I run into a bunch of GStreamer errors.
For clarity - this is the ‘broken’ URI:
rtsp://user:password@192.168.2.108:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

Following is a snippet of the error logs - for some reason, when changing the stream subtype to 0 in order to grab the high quality stream, QGroundControl seems to alternate between recognising the URI, and thinking that it doesn’t exist. Any ideas on a solution?

[!] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:882 - "Internal data stream error."
[!] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:121 - "Failed to link elements
"
[!] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:121 - "Failed to link elements
"
[!] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:882 - "Internal data stream error."
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\QGCLoggingCategory.cc:99 - "Filter rules "*Log.debug=false\nVideoReceiverLog.debug=true\n""
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:768 - "Stopping"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:802 - "No pipeline"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:768 - "Stopping"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:802 - "No pipeline"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:596 - "Starting  "rtsp://admin:welcome1@192.168.2.108:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0""
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:596 - "Starting  """
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:619 - "Failed because URI is not specified"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:596 - "Starting  "rtsp://admin:welcome1@192.168.2.108:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0""
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:753 - "Running"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:117 - "0x2254b072920 ,  application/x-rtp; application/x-rdt"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:117 - "0x22549fa8000 ,  ANY"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:117 - "0x2254af98f00 ,  ANY"
"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:117 - "0x2254b072920 ,  application/x-rtp; application/x-rdt"
"
[D] at C:\projects\qgroundcontrol\src\VideoStreaming\VideoReceiver.cc:831 - "Gstreamer error!"

As an update - when adjusted from H.264 to H.264B, the camera briefly showed up in QGroundControl. Once I changed the resolution down slightly to try and account for the high volume of screentearing, the stream disconnected again and once again refuses to connect under any conditions