PX4 ros2 presicion landing target pose

Did some digging around and I edited the dds_topics.yaml PX4-Autopilot/src/modules/uxrce_dds_client/dds_topics.yaml at 1dacb4cdef2d7145754fc788fa8dc482eed74b40 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub

To enable precision landing, I refered to Precision Landing | PX4 Guide (main) and added
CONFIG_DRIVERS_IRLOCK=y to both PX4-Autopilot/boards/px4/sitl/default.px4board and PX4-Autopilot/boards/px4/fmu-v6x/default.px4board
This is so that I can test sitl with gazebo as well as add the config to my actual flight controller

For sitl, when I ran make px4_sitl gz_x500 I encountered a series of compilation issues, I suspect this is because there is no I2c module specified on the sitl board. Not sure how to fix this part.

When I built my own flight controller firmware with make px4_fmu-v6x_default the firmware builds fine but I have yet to test prec landing on an actual flight

Note that without CONFIG_DRIVERS_IRLOCK=y, the follow behaviour is observed in the sim:
It goes to the set altitude for initiating the precision landing, waits the specified time, then can’t locate the IR lock in the specified time, so times out and initiates normal landing instead.

some good links I have encountered and would be useful in the future: