PX4 on MRO X2.1-777

V1.11 now offers support for MRO X2.1-777 which flashes successfully to the fc (prebuild or from source)
But the boot loader doesn´t change from ChibiOS to NuttX/PX4.
After flashed to PX4 QGC doesn´t see it via USB anymore.
Only with Arduplane, which can be flashed back, QGC connects to the FC again. Is there an adapted bootloader available, that of the old X2.1 with F427 seems not to fit anymore.

On the search for a replacement for PixFalcon, which also fits into my projects in terms of weight and dimensions, I came across X2.1-777 in PX4 code, since I didn’t find anything else with at least 8 PWM outputs and under 10 grams.

with #15521 it´s now booting and configurable by QGC
flashing only from local fw-file (prebuild or from source)

Bootloader and fw of the io mci flashed by SWD (StLink) now all aspects expect gps are working now.

GPS works if RXDMA is set off in nsh/defconfig for the uart/usart it is connected to.

Can you open a pull request?

Actually, I wanted to find the real error in the UARTs, which also prevents a stable continuous transmission of data via Wifi and probably also the automatic flashing of the I/O.
Better to fix the cause not the symptoms …

@dagar still need some hints to find the error in the F777 uarts rx and tx dma which seem to be the only remaining obstacle to a fully working fc.

Just wanted to confirm that a new out of the factory line x2.1-777 comes with chibiOS, and when you try flashing PX4, it seems like it works, but you are not able to connect to it again.

I tried updating the bootloader with the file in the docs and still don’t see any improvement

https://docs.px4.io/master/en/flight_controller/mro_x2.1.html#px4-bootloader-issue

… the X2.1 boot loader doesn’t work with the *-777 but running the ChibiOS boot loader it can be flashed flawlessly by QGC with a custom file because QGC currently doesn’t see the right flashable target.

with the most recent X2.1-777 AP bootloader all previous problems are solved. The now board fully works with PX4.