March 14, 2023
The maintainers meeting is a meeting for the developer team to coordinate on pressing issues and to plan the development of the PX4 Autopilot project, the community is welcome to join and listen, but won’t be able to speak unless specific access is granted ahead of time.
- Release 1.13.3 is out!
- PX4 Release process discussion
- Downloading 1.13.3 via QGC isn’t working (last night)
- Reason: 2 builds overflowed, log here: http://ci.px4.io:8080/blue/organizations/jenkins/PX4_misc%2FFirmware-compile/detail/stable/32/pipeline/
- Daniel will allow upload to the cloud
As hamish pointed, the Markdown to HTML converter for docs Jenkins build is broken.
Junwoo will check on it and try to figure out what went wrong. Will organize a call with Hamish and troubleshoot this.
PX4 Release process
- Sementic versioning (https://semver.org/)
- E.g. 1.13.3 was focused on bug fixes & patches - Daniel
- Major release can be discussed throughout maintainers constantly during development
- minor release can be justified on new board support
- So far minor & patch were lumped together in the past PX4 releases
- In 1.13.2 vs 1.13.3, we have some changes that should have been ‘minor’ bump as well.
- Doc PR will be updated by Junwoo
- We will discuss about the next major/ minor release next meeting.
- Daniel: why not 1.14 in coming weeks
- ‘Stabilizing period’ (branch-out) can be defined for the NEXT release
- 1.14 release schedule: Stabilization / discuss release blocker.
- We will not set the stabilization deadline for this 1.14, but we will adopt the testing phase & release timeframe.
- Junwoo & Ramon: Create community announcement for the upcoming ‘1.14’ release (and the fact that it will be branched out once maintainers think it is ‘good enough’)
- Junwoo: Lockdown the discussion from the meeting to the Release procedure PR and make sure we have solid procedure (which will come into play after 1.14 release)
- 1.14 Project board will be maintained: PX4 v1.14 Release · GitHub