Px4 compatibility with Pixhawk 2.4.8

I intend to construct an autonomous drone using the px4 autopilot and an on-board computer. Can the px4 firmware be used with the Pixhawk 2.4.8 Flight controller? I have extensively searched the internet but have not found a clear answer. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide clarification on this matter.

Yes, that should generally work, although I would recommend some of the more recent STM32H7 based flight controllers such as the Holybro 6C or 6X or CubePilot CubeOrange+. They have better/newer IMU sensors, and several sets of them for redundancy, and have connectors compatible with the wider ecosystem, and more processing power based on the STM32H7 (rather than STM32F4).

Edit: the Pixhawk 2.4.8 is usually just a Chinese clone of the original Pixhawk, and so not really supported from what I’m aware of. It’s sort of up to you to figure out what works, and what doesn’t.

1 Like

Yes, that should work but pay attention to buy the one with STM32F4 micro-controller, not GD32 because GD32 is Chinese version with lower price but only flash memory of 1MB, so you can’t avail all the features of flight stack due to less memory.

3 Likes

Point de vue de ce qui précède confirmé…
J’ai expérimenté un Pixhawk 6X : vraiment bien et soigné.
Christian