April 19, 2023

Join us

Agenda

• Community Announcement
  • Community Q&A
  • General Discussions

:loudspeaker: Community Announcement

A.1 :

:people_holding_hands: Community Q&A (No deep technical discussions)

:exclamation: Guideline for asking a Question

1. Specify what you are trying to achieve
  2. Specify what environment / platform you are using
  3. Prepare a Link or Document to help understand if possible
  4. First, ask the question on Discord or create a Github Issue!
  5. If you take over 5 minutes for the question, please continue in Discord or a GitHub Issue.

Q.1 : VOXL 2 Support in v1.14

We discussed a few PRs that add support for the VOXL 2 from ModalAI on the call.

https://github.com/PX4/PX4-Autopilot/pulls/katzfey

Q.2 :

:thinking: General Discussions

D.1 :

I would like to discuss ModalAI PRs 21426, 21427, 21428, 21434, 21435, 21436, 21437, 21472, 21474, and 21477.

I would like to discuss implementation of a platform independent UART API. Here’s a first cut with a working platform implementation on Qurt platform: Comparing voxl-dev..uart_interface_experiments Β· modalai/px4-firmware Β· GitHub

Can we also discuss MC_Pos_Control: takeoff bug constrain hover_thrust_estimate by hendjoshsr71 Β· Pull Request #21380 Β· PX4/PX4-Autopilot Β· GitHub? I think we may have just seen this on 1.13 and had the drone go full speed into the ceiling!

Hi, I have a question about VIO. Is there any example of the VIO bridge ROS node that provides a bridge between a camera and ROS? If yes for what version of firmware is it compatible with? Previously I was trying to use Autherion VIO bridge but it is not available now – (github page is not found). Do you know if Autherion would modify it’s VIO bridge?Question about VIO bridge- If I am working with EKF2 camera data should be streamed to /mavros/odometry/out or /mavrosvision_pose/pose?

Second case, what are the appropriate mask settings for the ekf2_ev_ctrl to fly drone with VIO and missing temporary GPS.

1 Like

I have a quick question, I’ve been having the PARAM_VALUE mavlink message poping up in the Iridium mode on an interface. But I’m not able to replicate that consistently.

I was wondering what could be generating PARAM_VALUE messages being sent on the Iridium interface?

1 Like

As discussed on the call we would like to help you with VIO please open a github issue and we will help you debug.

Link to my github issue : Problem with VIO bridge Β· Issue #21498 Β· PX4/PX4-Autopilot Β· GitHub

1 Like