PX4 cable connect Flysky FS-IA6

It looks like you need to configure the fs-IA6 to PPM mode and then connect one of the channels (not sure which one?) to the PPM input of the Pixhawk.

1 Like

That I already done, not working.

I don’t know how to connect wires from px4 PPM connector to FS-IA6 receiver:
https://www.amazon.com/Flysky-Receiver-Compatible-Transmitter-RC210/dp/B01GDZ2D8W

This receiver has 6 channels with 3 pins each.

From doc, is not clean how to do it:
https://docs.px4.io/master/en/assembly/quick_start_pixhawk4.html

Still waiting for a solution.

When PPM is used, all channels are transmitted over one “cable” (including the signal (white or yellow), 5v (red), and ground pin (black)).

I assume when PPM is selected it will come out of channel 1 but I don’t know that. I have not used that hardware myself. If I was you I would try 1 and if it doesn’t work try the others too.

I tried almost all combinations for PPM and SBUS cables, with all channels, nothing works.

When connecting to QGroundControl, it say’s that for remote I have 0 channels, but is need 5 channels communication.

I suggest you share a picture of your setup. Maybe we can spot a mistake.

I have this 2 cables from SBUS and from PPM.
How I should connect them to channels available on receiver?

I enable PPM output on Flyscky remote. PPM out is set on channel 1, by default.

1 Like

On the Pixhawk side I think you want to use PPM RC.
Then on the receiver side eyou might want to use the one next to channel 1 labelled S±, at least that would be my guess.

Only FS-IA6B supports PPM-S.
This is a kind of hidden information in datasheet !!

@Bravepaulo can you confirm FS-IA6B works in ppm with pixhawk 4?

Hi @Matteo_Scanavino
In my setup, I use a PIXHAWK 2.4.8 with FS-IA6B PPM and it is working fine, as consequence I cannot guarantee 100% that it will work with PIXHAWK 4. On the other hand, considering that such stuff does not change much among PIXHAWK models (at the end of the day is a PPM port) my guess is that there is a great possibility that it works as well.
If you need any support feel free to contact me.

1 Like

Thankyou for your replay. It works!

1 Like

can you please send the wiring connections you used connecting px4 and fsia6b?

can you pls show the wiring connectiond with FS iA6B

Hi @Huy_Quang and @sabih_sultan.
Please find below some pictures to help you out.
Let me know if I can help with something else.

Paulo

2 Likes

Hi @Bravepaulo I have Flysky transmitter FS-i6 model and receiver FS-iA6 which supports PPM . But I am confused here is PPM and PPMSUM is same thing. I am connecting the receiver but no luck. Should I buy FS-iA6B receiver. Will it work with FSi6 trasmitter.

Hi @vikas_kumar .
I am not sure about PPM and PPMSUM question.

On the other hand, regarding the receiver, only FS-iA6B supports PPM. If you want to use PPM serial port, you have to use a FS-iA6B.
I did not mention this in my previous post, but I also use FS-i6 radio transmitter.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Paulo.

Thank you @Bravepaulo for your reply. Looks like I have to buy FSiA6B receiver and again try connecting flysky RC with pixhawk.
Also , do you need to enable ppm on pixhawk or it is enabled by default. I looked for difference between Receiver FS-iA6 and FS-IA6B but there is no difference except for longer range.
I have FS-IA6 receiver and FS-i6 transmitter and pixhawk 2.4.8 . I am using MissionPlanner for the control. When I connect with the pixhawk Transmitter and receiver bind successfully but I am unsure whether pixhawk recives the RC signal or not.
Is there a way to check it. ??
If you are using any other UAV software then kindly let me know.

Hi @vikas_kumar.
I work with PX4 and QGroundControl, and there is no need to enable PPM for this setup.
I am quite sure that the range is not the only difference between FS-iA6 and FS-IA6B. I believe the FS-iA6 has no PPM output.

On QGroundControl you can check the RC signals when you connecting the PIXHAWK (via USB or radio) to the computer running QGroundControl.
I am quite sure Mission Planner has also this feature.
Follow below a figure to illustrate it on QGroundControl.

If connected, the small white dots will move as you move the radio sticks.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Paulo Alves

Yes It works fine now. I brought receiver FS-iA6B and now it is working fine on both the GCS softwares i.e. QGroundControl as well as MissionPlanner.
You are right; FS-iA6 and FS-iA6B are different not only in terms of range. They might be varying in the signal output type also.
Everything is working fine. Also , I would like to point out about Enabling PPM RX in the transmitter, as mentioned in previous replies.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Vikas Kumar

Thank you, it helped me.