PX4 and Joystick Logitech 3D Pro

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up Logitech 3D Pro joystick to use it with my hexacopter (which has PX4) through QGC.
I mannaged to calibrate it, however for some reason it is not sending any commands and fails to arm the vehicle via assigned button: vehicle did not respond to command: MAV_CMD_COMPONENT_ARM_DISAMR.

Even though I have assigned few buttons such as position and stabilized mode, when I press them, nothing happens.

Also I am not sure what option should I put to RC mode.

Thank you!

Hi, @DusanP, how do you connect your drone to QGC?. I’ve had the same problems with a PS4 controller with the drone connected to QGC using a USB telemetry receiver. @rajeshroy402 has reported logitech F310 problems too.

I think there’s a problem with the connection handling, the general joystick menu not showing movement seems to be a different problem

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your reply!
I am using a long range RFD868x long range telemetry. I am connecting to vehicle normally. On the computer side through USB and on the vehicle side through telem port.

Any suggestions what to do?

It looks like it’s an active issue. Check Joystick feature not working properly · Issue #9611 · mavlink/qgroundcontrol · GitHub and Loss of MAVLink transmission when enabling joystick · Issue #9022 · mavlink/qgroundcontrol · GitHub

Thanks,
I will follow it on GitHub. Will let you know if I manage to make any progress.

Dusan

1 Like

@antonio-sc66 I managed to “bypass” the issue by installing QGC V3.5 for the test with Joystick. Works fine. Although it doesn’t change the fact that it is much older version of QGC missing some features.