MAVLink advantages over MAVSDK

I am working with px4 and plan to use some sort of mavlink connection to communicate with the drone. I found that there are more ways to implement mavlink, I can include it as a header like QGC did or my other option is to use MAVSDK. I find second option easier to use but my question is is there some advantage to using either of them. Licences are pretty similar so there is no issue as far as I know. I need to make custom changes in px4 and with that make changes in mavlink messaging too. Which one would be better for such use?

From what I understand …MAVSDK runs on top of Mavlink. MAVSDK is essentially translating to MAVLINK while sending the same to the flight controller. Some attributes are not fully implemented yet in MAVSDK . May be you can check what all attributes you require for your custom PX4 versions and then take a decision .

1 Like

Thank You for the advice :smiley:
I am currently in the process of deciding what does my drone need to do exactly so will make a decision after that. Sdk seems easier to use but does not give me many room for improvement so might go with mavlink header implementation if I got time.

1 Like