How to send trajectory in PX4 with ROS

I have 2 questions regarding how to send the generated trajectory in PX4 with ROS:

1. If I have the trajectory in which I can get the position at each time step, is it correct to send the desired pose at a certain rate?

2. If I apply model predictive control to generate the trajectory, how can I let the uav follow the trajectory?

Thank you very much!!!
If it is not clear, please let me know!

For the MPC, you can publish to /mavros/setpoint_raw/local, basically geometry_msgs/Point position, geometry_msgs/Vector3 velocity, geometry_msgs/Vector3 acceleration_or_force, float32 yaw, float32 yaw_rate format these all can be found in the mavros message mavros_msgs/PositionTarget Documentation

Then after you have your trajectory consisting of Pos, Vel, Acc, and yaw then you can fill the message up and publish

// Publish Setpoints to MAVROS
    Position_Setpoint_Pub = _nh.advertise<mavros_msgs::PositionTarget>(
        "/mavros/setpoint_raw/local", 10);
// with your trajectory message as msg
mavros_msgs::PositionTarget _sp;
_sp.type_mask = 32768; // check first on the type mask in the link that you want to use
_sp.coordinate_frame = mavros_msgs::PositionTarget::FRAME_LOCAL_NED;
_sp.position.x = msg->pos.x;
_sp.position.y = msg->pos.y;
_sp.position.z = msg->pos.z;
_sp.velocity.x = msg->vel.x;
_sp.velocity.y = msg->vel.y;
_sp.velocity.z = msg->vel.z;
_sp.acceleration_or_force.x = msg->acc.x;
_sp.acceleration_or_force.y = msg->acc.y;
_sp.acceleration_or_force.z = msg->acc.z;

Position_Setpoint_Pub.publish(pos_sp);

Really nice answer. Just want to ask what if I don’t have all of this info? For example, my vehicle model does not want to use acceleration/force but only velocity and position. Is it okay to not fill in the acceleration/force part? Will the message just assume them (i.e. acceleration)?

I notice it might do with the type_mask term, but could you explain how the type mask work?

For example, say I want to only use position (x, y, z), how should I get the type mask? Thank you very much! looking for your reply!!