Holybro radio telemetry is not seen by Qgroundcontrol station

Hi Every one :slight_smile:

I have the following hardware and software:

• A set of Holybro telemetry radios.

• A pixhawk 4 mini

• Qgroundcontrol version V3.5.6 and with a firmware of 1.9.2

To summarize:

1- I am running successfully UART&I2C B to a telemetry4 for a companion computer as JetsonTX2

2.- I have setup in Qgroundcontrol the following for the Pixhawk TELEM1 :
MAV_1_CONFIG TELEM1
MAV_1_MODE Normal
MAV_1_RATE 120
MAV_1_FORWARD Enabled
SER_TEL1_BAUD 57600N1

3.- A set of Holybro telemetry radio was bought.

4.- I just connected one holybro radio to the TELEM1 of the Pixhawk 4 mini and the other holybro radio to the laptop where Qgroundcontrol station is installed.

The questions or issues are:

1. In the QGC station I can not see any holybro connected radio.
  2. How can I verify that the radios are well connected by means of the QGC station and it is interfacing with them in a proper manner.
  3. Since I am using the companion computer to send mavilink protocol over a wifi . How can I set up that the first priority is the wifi and in case the wifi connection is lost the radio takes place.

Thank you for your help

I’m finding more people here with the same basic issue I have.
With you, that’s four of us I’ve discovered here on discuss.px4.io
Not pleased to find so little discussion, so long ago.

I believe QGC cannot “hear” my Taranis X9D RC Controller.

The Icon for it in QGC is always dark, even though I get good
signal strength readings between the X9D and the onboard Receiver radios.

We need someone very knowledgeable about QGC to comment! The documentation is slick looking, but “very basic”. No real details or troubleshooting section.

1 Like

I have the same issue can’t seem to know if the radios are connected or not? I’m using Rpi as companion computer

Amen dude, been struggling with this for days. Radiomaster TX16s completely ignored by QGC after binding (successfully). I upgraded from Flysky, but it wasn’t recognized either. Trying several model settings, QGC simply acts like no radio is there.