Hardware/Pixhawk Dev Call: Aug 25, 2020

Aug 25, 2020

Call Moderators

Agenda Items

  • FMU
  • Payload
  • BMS
  • Community discussion

Dail In

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

Learn more about Teams

Meeting Minutes

FMU Specs

We are ready to release the FMUv5X spec, we need to get the following items completed

  • :white_medium_square: DS-011 document needs a link to the complete pinout or a way to package them together.
  • :white_medium_square: The pinout in DS-011 needs to be up-to-date with the pinout spreadsheet
  • :white_medium_square: Export the pinout spreadsheet for FMUv5X, and PAB
    • Spreadsheet to PDF (landscape mode)
    • Sheet Tabs (need to include only the following on PDF)
      • Legend
      • FMUv5X
      • HW Rev and VER ID
      • Debug connector
  • :white_medium_square: Publish PDF on GitHub
  • :white_medium_square: Promote the newly release spec!

TODO: if we can’t find pinouts ask @david_s5
TODO: release DS-011 v1.0 release as soon as the above todos are complete and reviewed ( we need schematics )

Schematics Discussion

In our last meeting, we had an open TODO to ask manufacturers/implementors of the spec

:pushpin: TODO: Ask manufacturers, what would you think if we published the whole schematics?

Context: In order to accomplish the best compatibility we can offer with FMU/PX4, we are discussing the addition of schematics to the spec, we had previously stopped publishing schematics to avoid diluting the value of the standard by allowing anyone to create similar boards without proper quality control (clones)

Feedback from manufacturers

  • Holybro: No big deal if we keep them open, with a preference to have schematics controlled by this group. pay px4 for a review/certification for software compliance?
  • ModalAI: As long as schematics are available to the engaged members/manufacturers there should be no problem.
  • We are reaching out to all involved manufacturers.

Previous Meeting


Errata and Feedback

Let me know below if I failed to capture anything the right way, and if there are any updates, or you have feedback on the call format.