Generalized error in takeoff and mission start in HITL px4/QGC

Hello Everyone,

I am using px4 v. 1.11 with a Pixhawk 2.1 trying to run HITL on QGroundControl with jMAVSim and have been running into issues.

First of all when I plug in my drone into the computer (after starting jMAVSim) I am greeted with that a list of battery parameter errors that it says my current version of firmware doesn’t have (even though it is the most up to date to my knowledge).

It also says there are “steps that need to be taken care of before mission flight” whatever that means.

Moreover, I when I go to fly a mission, my Here compass flashes red 3 times and I get the error “Unable to start mission: Vehicle not changing to mission flight mode”. Similarly, when I simply try to have my craft take off in the simulation, the Here compass flashes red once and I get the error “MAV_CMD_NAV_TAKEOFF temporarily rejected”.

I’ve been banging my head against a wall on this for over a week and really need to get moving on this or a school project. The internet hasn’t been much help because these errors are so generally worded that it’s hard to query for good results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Failed mission start
Failed Take off