Firmware upload stuck at bootloader

Working with a Ubuntu virtual machine hosted on a Windows 7 through VMware Workstation. Tried Virtualbox for a time, but the USB connection would always flicker. Got everything reinstalled, built the default program, and it hangs while waiting for the bootloader. Here is the message.

“Loaded firmware for 9,0, size: 1019336 bytes, waiting for the bootloader… If the board does not respond within 1-2 second, unplug and re-plug the USB connector.”

Did as the prompt suggested, no change. Uninstalled the mode manager, installed the VMwares tools package, and I’ve got the PX4 port hooked up to the virtual machine, still nothing. I’m using px4fmu-v2_default, so that should be right for the Pixhawk. I’ve also used mission planner on the window host to upload firmware and that was successful, so the hardware is working. Not really sure what else to try.

One thing you could try to get around VM USB issues is to copy the firmware to the windows side and flash through QGroundControl.

For sure, its just I want to have all the software packaged together to make things a bit easier. Good news, when I booted up the VM this morning and tried again, the firmware was able to load. My best guess is that the VM needed to restart for modem manager or something else to properly update?