E: Unable to locate package kconfig-frontends

Hi all,
I have Ubuntu 18.04 and I am following the steps described here Ubuntu Development Environment | PX4 User Guide to install the development environment. However, as I run the command
bash ./PX4-Autopilot/Tools/setup/ubuntu.sh

I get an error that says:
Installing NuttX dependencies
Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…

I am kind of stuck from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Im also facing the same problem… Somebody help please…

@Myeongwoo @Dilini_Pasqual @RaffoBags Instructions to install kconfig-frontends on Ubuntu 18.04 can be found here: Installing — NuttX latest documentation

It didnt solve it. I still have the exact same problem.

@mhcekic What did you try? If you installed kconfig-frontends the error should be different now

I installed the kconfig-frontends from the given link and run bash ./PX4-Autopilot/Tools/setup/ubuntu.sh . I still get the same error which is:

Installing NuttX dependencies
Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…

@mhcekic The reason you have to install kconfig-frontends from source is because kconfig-frontends is not distributed through apt on Ubuntu 18.04

The script you are trying to run is trying to install kconfig-frontends through apt therefore it is expected this does not resolve the problem.

However now you have kconfig frontends on your system and therefore you will be able to run SITL

I had an error while running the make px4_sitl jmavsim which is:

INFO [simulator] Waiting for simulator to accept connection on TCP port 4560

Problem is the simulation does not start and I thought this might be related with stated kconfig-frontends error.

Anyway, thank you for your incredibly fast response.

@mhcekic kconfig-frontends is used for configuring the build of the firmware. Since the error you are showing means that you can run the firmware, it is most likely that this is not related.