Creating executable

Hi! I have customized the GUI of QGC and added some extra connections to send and receive packets from a raspberry pi using QT.

I want my friends to be able to run this modified version. Could somebody walk me on how to create an executable file? Is there any way that to export so it just goes through the regular installation process one would when downloading the official version?

I hope this makes sense, and sorry for the newbie question.

@dronedev,
You can use the create_linux_appimage.sh script available in the deploy folder of qgroundcontrol source code to generate the executable. You need to run it like this

./create_linux_appimage <qgroundcontrol_source_dir> <qgroundcontrol_executable_dir>

This will generate an AppImage with all the dependencies within the AppImage and can be run standalone.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

I was a bit confused because I didn’t know where exactly <source_dir> and <executable_dir> pointed, but thanks to that, I was able to create the AppImage file.
For those who may be confused like me with only an explanation consisting of plain text, I attach a fifth wheel.

1 Like

Thank you so much, it worked for me

What steps did you follow?