QGC Appimage for Linux

I am working on Linux and have seen videos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy63jwjpNg4 to create AppImages. I have done CONFIG+=installer in Build Release already and can see binary file inside build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_6_6_1_GCC_64bit-Release/staging but when I am trying to convert it into AppImage using appimagetool-x86_64.AppImage, the Appimage is generated and then on running ./QGroundControl-x86_64.AppImage throws an error: execv error: No such file or directory
I have already given the permissions like Owner Access: Read and Write, Group Access: Read and Write, Others: Read and Write and Execute: Enabled.

The build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_6_6_1_GCC_64bit-Release/staging contains the following Folders and Files already:
Qt
qgrouncontrol.desktop
qgroundcontrol.png
QGroundControl (which I suppose is the binary)
qgroundcontrol-start.sh (I am assuming it to be shell script for Appimagetool for conversion)
qt.conf

The command I executed for conversion is: ./appimagetool-x86_64.AppImage /home/username/build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_6_6_1_GCC_64bit-Release/staging.AppDir (thought to convert the staging folder to .AppDir to make things easy :sweat_smile:)
What am I missing or doing wrong in here?

1 Like