Crazyflie - cannot upload firmware

I see. You said currently it supports crazy radio python libs, may I ask what this functionality is used for? As I recall, the original CF GCS is written in Python, so do you mean the original GCS can still control, I mean except for calibration or param setting, the CF2 with PX4? Or else, it just abandons the original GCS.
Thanks for the clarification.

EDIT: for example, can I use original GCS to send flight commands to order CF2 flying as my wish?

Did I make my question clear?
I mean, in short, can CF2 with px4 communicate with its original GCS, or, it can only communicate with QGC for now.

The python library is supported up to the point that it should connect correctly to the crazyflie but you won’t get any useful data out of it. I assume the original GCS uses the same commands as the mobile app for flight control. If so, it should work. But I have never tested it and have no reason to test it right now.

I took a minute to try it this morning. The cf2 client connects to the cf2 running px4 - but nothing else. The client attitude and other sensors are not being update - as dennisss said, no data comes back. However, I also could not control the cf2. To be clear, the motors did not respond to joystick inputs. The cf2 client shows the inputs are being received - but nothing happening with cf2.

I see, so we could only use QGC with CF2 right now.
Thanks for the clarification. It helps a lot @dennisss @seth

BTW, what airframe do you guys use in QGC? Is it Hobbyking micro pcb?

It should auto set the airframe to 4900 (which is the Crazyflie specific one) on first boot. If it isn’t showing up in QGC as “Crazyflie”, update your QGC, or manually set the parameters SYS_AUTOSTART to 4900 and SYS_AUTOCONFIG to 1.

FWIW, I suspect the issue here may be simply arming. cf2 doesn’t require arming, px4 does it within QGC. OF course, QGC is not in the loop when running the cf2 client. If i get a chance I will fool around and see if i can change a param to alter this.

Hi Seth I’m trying to simulate Crazyflie board in SITL I’m seeing that you already did it, can you tell me how?