Reason for candidacy
My reasons for my candidacy are the following:
- Contribute to strengthening the ecosystem: I’ve been active in the ecosystem for two years and would like to continue to contribute to connecting member companies and scaling the organization by bringing on new members.
- Align the priorities of the developer community: Auterion, as the largest contributor to Dronecode projects, has genuine insights into the community but also bears responsibility towards it. I’d like to align the Dronecode board on the needs and priorities of the community and other member companies.
- I’ve been supporting Dronecode since 2017 on the marketing side, promoting the organization on several oversee trips and conference. I would like to continue this engagement and create a stronger awareness at the board level of all marketing and promotion activities.
- Promote in diversity: Dronecode so far has board members from US and Chinese companies. Auterion would be the first European board member company.
I’ve spent a large part of my career in the drone industry. All of that time was in the PX4 ecosystem.
I started my work with drones as part of the early Pixhawk team at ETH Zurich in 2009. In 2015 I joined 3DR as Product Marketing Manager for Site Scan and in 2017 I co-founded Auterion with Lorenz Meier. Here my Linkedin profile.
My recent major engagement with Dronecode:
- Co-organizer of Dronecode China Roadshow 2017 (Link)
- Speaker in the Dronecode Track at Interdrone 2018 (Link)
- Moderator of a panel about the use of open source software in the drone industry at AUVSI Xponential 2019 (Link)
About my sponsor: Auterion
Auterion, the company I co-founded, is heavily involved in the PX4 community and was the largest contributor to Dronecode projects in 2018. Auterion works with the community to improve PX4, MAVlink, QGC, the SDK and builds an enterprise distribution of PX4 for commercial applications. Auterion is a proud member of Dronecode and has agreed to sponsor my nomination.