Vicon position integration with PX4 firmware help

Hello,

I am looking for help on integrating Vicon pose estimation into the PX4 firmware to multirotor control development. I’ve read several posts and the PX4 DevGuide however I can’t seem to find a complete step-by-step guide on how to integrate the Vicon pose.

Background on my setup:
Using PX4 firmware release v1.4.1 and LPE instead of the EKF. Using ROS vicon_bridge package to output Vicon pose transform on topic /vicon/quad1/quad1. When I launch the mavros node I am remapping the /mavros/mocap/tf topic to the /vicon/quad1/quad1 transform topic.

According to the DevGuide External Position Page I should set parameters CBRK_NO_VISION to 0 and ATT_EXT_HDG_M to 2 for mocap heading use. However when connecting the to QGroundControl in firmware release v1.4.1 there is no CBRK_NO_VISION parameter.

With the setup running I am able to see that the /mavros/local_position/pose topic outputs the correct orientation when compared to the Vicon orientation but moving the quad does not change the /mavros/local_position/pose position (it effectively stays at the origin even though the Vicon position is changing).

Any help understanding the Vicon integration would be greatly appreciated

Hey, check my response in the other thread.