Sending debug messages over MAVLINK

Hello,

Does anyone know how to send debug_value messages from PX4 to Groundstation via MAVLINK over serial?

I can receive messages using the sample application provided but the sent messages are not received in Groundstation.

I’m using mavlink_msg_debug_send API for sending messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mani

Hi @mani

See here: https://dev.px4.io/en/debug/debug_values.html

@bkueng Thanks!

I believe that the link only mentions how to send/receive messages within PX4 through uORB. My question was, how to send/receive from Groundstation to PX4 using debug topic.

-Mani

You’re right, my bad. Which Groundstation are you talking about? In QGC you should be able to see them when you open the Analyze Widget.

@bkueng

I have been using this application for sending/receiving data from PX4. With this application I can send messages to PX4 but not receiving any!

Here PX4 is running in a separate board connected to Linux machine using UART.

-Mani

I’ve never used it, so I don’t know. Did you check that the physical connection is working both ways? Did you try with another application, like QGC?

@bkueng

I’m sure that the physical connection is working fine. How can I view the sent messages in QGC? I cannot see anything in log in Analyze widget.

-Mani

@bkueng

I can’t see any messages in QGC->Analyze->Log Download. Do we need to enable/configure anything in mavlink for sending messages from PX4?

As discussed, it’s under the Widgets dropdown menu, then open ‘MAVLink inspector’