First coordination meeting regarding Remote ID development efforts.
- Remote ID Development Coordination · Issue #21777 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- Add Remote ID docs to PX4 v1.14 level · Issue #2605 · PX4/PX4-user_guide · GitHub
- Open Drone ID Protocol · MAVLink Developer Guide
Not everyone has the ‘serial number’, uncertain how we can enforce that?
Selecting Operator’s position (live vs takeoff position vs fixed), how should we go about that?
How do we verify that it is indeed Remote ID compliant?
Are there diagrams for what happens for different scenarios involving Remote ID (loss of connection, etc)
LOCATION message & heartbeat
The MAVLink components in the UAS involved in the drone ID MAVLink message exchange, must keep track of the HEARTBEAT MAVLink messages from the other MAVLink components. If the HEARTBEAT messages are not received within a required time interval, they must declare a malfunction of the Remote ID system and indicate this in the status field of the LOCATION message. This must also be indicated to the operator of the UAS.
Caching of the IDs and messages. Related PR: OPEN_DRONE_ID_SYSTEM, OPEN_DRONE_ID_SELF_ID, and OPEN_DRONE_ID_OPERATOR_ID values getting cached within PX4 by jnomikos · Pull Request #1 · dirksavage88/Firmware · GitHub
LOCATION message update rate
Related PR: New PR is up trying to improve this? : 2 Hz OpenDroneID rate + unknown pressure altitude accuracy by n-snyder · Pull Request #21819 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- Serial number selection part needs to be clarified: Remote ID Development Coordination · Issue #21777 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub - Messages (common) · MAVLink Developer Guide
Encoding is done via this function: QString Class | Qt Core 6.5.1, here: Include support for Remote ID by Davidsastresas · Pull Request #10600 · mavlink/qgroundcontrol · GitHub
- Arming check: ARM_STATUS message is coming to/from the module
In first ODID prearm check PR didn’t include checking for ARM_STATUS message decoding, and arming authorization based on that. Related Hamish message: Add Open Drone ID arming check by katzfey · Pull Request #21652 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- Clarify operator location reporting procedure
There’s complexity in having it set to EU, not resulting in error, but in other cases not, etc.
- Questions for regulatory personnel
- Can we transmit fixed operator location?
- Does the vehicle need to perform any action based on Remote ID status?
- jnomikos: Testing on pixhawk 4 with Cube ID, Serial connection