Query about Joystick and PWM Pin Limitation in QGC

Dear QGC Developers,

I hope this email finds you well. This is Dhanesh from Pen Aviation. I am writing to you as I intend to build a Ground Control Station (GCS) using your software, QGroundControl. While working on our design, we encountered a couple of limitations that we were hoping to get some guidance on.

Firstly, we found that the joystick has a limitation where only 4-axis joysticks are able to calibrate and operate in QGC. Unfortunately, with anything less than 4-axis control, was unable to use the existing joystick calibration feature. We were wondering if there are any workarounds or if there is any possibility that can joystick with a 3-axis can be calibrated and operated in QGC.

Secondly, we also found that the PWM input in QGC is limited to 7 inputs, and our design requires at least 8 PWM inputs. Could you please suggest any alternative methods that we could use to achieve this or any potential updates to QGC that would allow for more PWM inputs?

Finally, we were also hoping to get some guidance on the joystick UI in QGC. We would appreciate it if you could provide us with any information or resources that would help us better understand and utilize the joystick feature in QGC.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

1 Like

i have the same problem, are you find any idea any solution to this problem?

No i am still having difficulting because of the software limitations