PX4 ROS2 Package

Hi,
I’m new to developing ros2 packages for px4, I’ve built a keyboard teleop sending messages via “GeometeryMsgs - twist”, and the RTPS bridge doesn’t seem to parse it. I did publish to the necessary uORB topic but the messages don’t seem to go forward.

Do I need to build anything else into the package like an RTPS setup of any sort?? Or is it not required?

Have you confirmed that you can read uORB messages? Is your environment set up correctly?
Are you running the micrortps_agent -t UDP and can you connect correctly?

Sorry, I would need more information to be able to help.

Here is what I have achieved in this regard. It is a basic ROS2 node that successfully communicates to PX4 using RTPS. https://github.com/slaghuis/drone_rtps

I’m using a UDP connection and it seems to be working fine for regular offboard examples from px4_ros_com.

The environment is configured correctly, as I’ve been working on ROS2 for a while, but as I’ve said earlier offboard_control from px4_ros_com is working fine.

I think my error is in the VehicleRatesSetpoint, 'VehicleRatesSetpoint_PubSubTopic' publisher. I’ve made sure to add all the required aspects into package.xml, and also added px4_msgs to .

I use the
rclcpp::Publisher<TrajectorySetpoint>::SharedPtr trajectory_setpoint_publisher_;
to make the drone move. (See line 186 of my ROS2 node posted above)

In my CMakeLists.txt I use

find_package(rclcpp REQUIRED)
find_package(rclcpp_action REQUIRED)
find_package(rclcpp_components REQUIRED)

and I link them with the executable as well.

did you include the rclcpp_action package?