- Community Q&A
- High priority queue
- In-Depth discussions
Release 1.12 is brnached out!
See changelog Release 1.12 | PX4 User Guide
Patrick: Is there a way to do a system healthiness check to make sure everything on a pixhawk board is operational before taking off?
Most checks you’d want to do manually are part of the preflight check that is executed before arming. So if you’re trying to arm you’ll get feedback if anything is not working as expected and you can run e.g.
commander check on the MAVLink shell.
Patrick: There will be a companion computer communicating over ROS and it wants to do the check as part of preparation.
The best place to start is to check the general healthiness bit that is present in MAVLink telemtry.
See SYS_STATUS message and in it the MAV_SYS_STATUS_PREARM_CHECK bit.
@Jaeyoung-Lim : Discussion about ignition gazebo simulation.
- PR to support iginition gazebo for iris multicopter flying:
Add ignition gazebo support for PX4 Software-In-The-Loop simulations by Jaeyoung-Lim · Pull Request #17889 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- Strategy to migrate:
- gazebo stays default
- ignition is supported for one additional vehicle/pluginat a time
- when we have majority of the core functionality we can deprecate (non-ignition) gazebo
@david_s5 fmu-v2 out of flash on latest NuttX upgrade.
- px4io strip down saves a ton of flash
- replacing module help with links for the command line on flash constrained targets saves
- short term if NuttX upgrade is blocked we can temporarily disable fixed wing control on v2
@david_s5 Can we extend the hardware test rack such that we cover all supported hardware and have more testing to make sure peripherals e.g. serial GPS cannot be broken without CI noticing.
- I2C peripherals
- USB with MAVLink
@david_s5 The cube orange baseboard serial console screws up the USB communication.
- The default build for cube orange has the serial console disabled.
- To use a serial console use an alternate e.g. old baseboard and the test build.
@rroche Holybro v5x has a different address for the LED. How can we support it?
- We need to make sure all other usages of the driver do not get any issues.
- Check the addresses on start? Have separate drivers?
- Related: Parameters to configure the NCP5623c RGB LED driver by InspiredBrandon · Pull Request #17868 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- We might get away with starting a driver for each address
Vince: Hoybro has a new time of flight distance sensor VL53L1X. Can we support it with a driver.
- There is already a driver, please try it out by connecting the sensor and enabling the driver with the parameter.
Discussion based on board: Roadmap · GitHub
Discussion based on board: High-Priority Queue · GitHub
For smaller groups expanding technical discussions, stay until the end and follow up.
If you have any feedback or corrections please comment on this post.