December 16, 2020
- Status update by component/project
- Roadmap, and Release discussion
- Community Q&A
- In-Depth discussions
Is new at the beginning such that people with questions can get them answered at the beginning!
- Idea for code space-saving on fmu-v2:
- @david_s5 Replace module help with URLs on constrained system. He’ll get a number on how much flash we can save.
- @dagar’s big suggestion is to remove mixing from the IO. Which would save tons of space and could also solve other reliability and mixer configuration duplication issues. We dumb down the IO firmware and let the FMU do virtually all the work.
- @LorenzMeier suggests doing airframe specific builds for fmu.
- @dagar suggests having the option to remove the shell completely.
OS / NuttX
- Security patches are in NuttX now and they’ll be backported by @david_s5.
Reported issues with I2C drivers were reported.
Reported pixhawk cubes loosing parameters.
@Jacob_Crabill had an issue with a different bootloader before which lead to parameter loss. The exact resolution of that should
RC loss failsafe trigger delay.
Merged split out manual control switches published up on transition (and every second).
Arm disarm logic to handle command through RC and MAVLink the exact same way in the same place.
The horizontal accuracy was used to reset the vertical position
Refactor for altitude variance.
- Question about automatically switching between baro and GPS altitude.
- If one is not available anymore it switches automatically.
- GPS as main altitude source is not reliable depending on the flight environment.
- Work in progress to fuse GPS and baro altitude
VTOL RTL improvements
These VTOL and fixed-wing changes were flown before contributing to upstream so if there’s no one from the community testing it we can merge them after SITL testing.
Smoother/rounder turns in missions cutting the turn with a constant speed when entering the acceptance radius. Slow down is not needed if radius and/or high acceleration is allowed.
Smoother yaw setpoints in the orbit approach, restored allowance to fly orbit without RC
Return early depending on the battery reach. Instead of relying on the battery capacity and current measurement, it adds a parameter for the expected flight time of the vehicle.
Do the geofence reaction based on the prediction if it will be breached to make sure the geofence is not breached at all.
- SITL tilt rotor was disabled.
- Real-time factor of vehicles with aerodynamics seem to have gone down. @Jaeyoung-Lim will check why that could be.
Master is in quite a good shape. We need to take care to go through the common setups and make sure no one gets surprised with his random hardware configuration. We’ll do a release planning discussion in the new year.
- Multi-EKF discussion
Errata and Feedback
Let me know below if we failed to capture anything the right way, and if there are any updates (not present here), or you have feedback you would like to share with the dev-team.