September 20, 2023

Join us

Agenda

• Community Announcement
  • Community Q&A
  • General Discussions

:loudspeaker: Community Announcement

A.1 :

:people_holding_hands: Community Q&A (No deep technical discussions)

:exclamation: Guideline for asking a Question

1. Specify what you are trying to achieve
  2. Specify what environment / platform you are using
  3. Prepare a Link or Document to help understand if possible
  4. First, ask the question on Discord or create a Github Issue!
  5. If you take over 5 minutes for the question, please continue in Discord or a Github Issue.

Q.1 :

:thinking: General Discussions

D.1 :

https://github.com/PX4/PX4-Autopilot/pull/21928

This PR makes all the uavcan subscribers, publishers and controllers built-time configurable via kconfig. This solves the issue: https://github.com/PX4/PX4-Autopilot/issues/21836 where the uavcan driver caused high CPU usage on one of the NXP board, and by selecting only the parts which you want to use reduce the cpu load.

The community call is almost always in my commuting time, so difficult for me to join. However I will try and see if I can make it.

I would just like to get some eyes on the PR, and get any comments on next to do’s to get this in.

This PR is about the introduction of tilting drones in the PX4 airframes. I would like to understand if all the github checks must be successful before having the opportunity to open the PR, because I think that there are some checks that can’t pass with this version (like the simulations).
I would like to have feedback about that PR.

Thanks

I was seeing param resets on boot for recently calibrated drones using a custom board built from fmuv6x. Firmware is built off 1.13. Tracking the issue down, the BSON decoder would read a node value of 0xFF (indicating reading an empty sector), terminate the import and return success. To fix the problem, I now return an error and let the startup script load params from the backup file on the SD Card.

Is there a reason why when reading an empty section of the FRAM the import should return success to the startup script?