March 13, 2024

Join us

Agenda

• Community Announcement
  • Community Q&A
  • General Discussions

:loudspeaker: Community Announcement

A.1 :

:people_holding_hands: Community Q&A (No deep technical discussions)

:exclamation: Guideline for asking a Question

1. Specify what you are trying to achieve
  2. Specify what environment / platform you are using
  3. Prepare a Link or Document to help understand if possible
  4. First, ask the question on Discord or create a Github Issue!
  5. If you take over 5 minutes for the question, please continue in Discord or a Github Issue.

Q.1 : oystub post. made PR. it appears UAV Status is causing crash on the can bus. Seems like a mutex lock

More granular locking, check priority main is running at. can do quickly to investigate if this makes things better or worse. Different device ids is longer term solution

Q.2 : gps: add flexible receiver logging by flyingthingsintothings ยท Pull Request #22874 ยท PX4/PX4-Autopilot ยท GitHub

this should be split of into a sepentrio driver as everyone has their own features and things even for ublox. so we should split this into sepentrio driver. They will put something together and make a pr

Q.3 : When i have my pixhawk, and i mount it on the aircraft it is complaining about strong magnetic interference.

get rid of the magnetic interference. or set the internal mag to 0. CAL_MAG0_PRIO to 0

Q.4 : I want to use my joystick, and then transfer over to my RC controller. How can I do this

Auto-switching between the two seems dangerous, but how can we manual switch. this will have to be figured out how we can expose soemthing in qgc or map it to a switch to pay attention to one manual control over another

Q.5 : Status of GPS blending? generalized per sensor instance configurable metadata ยท Issue #15683 ยท PX4/PX4-Autopilot ยท GitHub

We want the meta-data per unit captured. we want each gps unit to be able to be matched on the aircraft (config parameters analagous to calibration parameters). Mathieu says that we should have good switching logic as well as have good GPS configuration.

:thinking: General Discussions

D.1 :

Hi!

After investigating GPS loss event with a DroneCAN GPS with loose wiring, I have worked a bit with monitoring CAN bus errors.

I have discovered a problem with the uavcan status command detailed here: [Bug] `uavcan_status` command causes CAN errors due to printf calls while mutex locked ยท Issue #22871 ยท PX4/PX4-Autopilot ยท GitHub

And made a draft PR for a better way of logging CAN bus status and errors during flight:

I would love to discuss with some of you experienced devs how to best solve the uavcan status issue, and would appreciate any input on the PR!

See you tomorrow! :blush: