Problems installing QGC on Ubuntu 14.04

Hello,

I’ve tried several times to install QGC on Ubuntu 14.04 in the last hours but it doesn’t work. I installed Qt Creator with Qt 5.11.3 as mentioned in the installationguide and was able to build the project without errors but a lot of warnings - something like … qgeomapprivate is already a friend… but i can’t see these warnings anymore.

I followed the instructions and installed all the dependencies.

If i click on “Run” i get this “Application Output”:

10:00:48: Starting /home/stephan/simulation/build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_5_11_3_GCC_64bit-Debug/debug/QGroundControl…
QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
System reported locale: QLocale(English, Latin, UnitedStates) “en_US”
/home/stephan/simulation/build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_5_11_3_GCC_64bit-Debug/debug/QGroundControl: symbol lookup error: /home/stephan/Qt5.11.3/5.11.3/gcc_64/lib/libQt5XcbQpa.so.5: undefined symbol: FT_Get_Font_Format
10:00:49: /home/stephan/simulation/build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_5_11_3_GCC_64bit-Debug/debug/QGroundControl exited with code 127

and this “Compile Output”:

10:00:48: Running steps for project qgroundcontrol…
10:00:48: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
10:00:48: Starting: “/usr/bin/make”
make: Nothing to be done for `first’.
10:00:48: The process “/usr/bin/make” exited normally.
10:00:48: Elapsed time: 00:01.

and “General Messages”:

Project MESSAGE: Qt version 5.11.3
Project MESSAGE: Linux build
Project MESSAGE: Found ccache, enabling
Project MESSAGE: QGroundControl Development master:0c5919d 2019-03-12 14:59:12 -0400
Project MESSAGE: Debug flavor
Project MESSAGE: Using Default QtLocation headers
Project MESSAGE: Using MAVLink dialect ‘ardupilotmega’.
Project MESSAGE: Skipping support for Zeroconf (unsupported platform)
Project MESSAGE: Looking for Airmap in Qt.5.11
Project MESSAGE: Including support for video streaming
Project MESSAGE: This project is using private headers and will therefore be tied to this specific Qt module build version.
Project MESSAGE: Running this project against other versions of the Qt modules may crash at any arbitrary point.
Project MESSAGE: This is not a bug, but a result of using Qt internals. You have been warned!
Cannot read /home/stephan/simulation/qgroundcontrol/user_config.pri: No such file or directory

I’m not sure if i can install the latest stable version on Ubuntu 14.04 or which version i should use instead.

greetings,
Stephan

I see this runtime error: undefined symbol: FT_Get_Font_Format

And found this:

I suggest check that you have all the Qt libraries installed that are potentially needed.

And on another note, Ubuntu 14.04 will be end-of-lifed April 2019, so you might as well update (if possible).

1 Like