How to power Pixracer using Matek PDB

Hi guys,

I am just wondering if you guys can help me wire these cables correctly. I have this Matek FCHUB-6S Hub Power Distribution Board to power my Pixracer but I am not sure how to connect these cables correctly and I am not sure what is the difference between Vcc and 5v. I believe Vcc is voltage sensor but I am not sure.

I attached some images to help explain, please guys have a look and let me know if you can help me.

Thanks in advance

Warm Regards.

Hi Ronildo,

I bought one of these Matek boards myself and was having the same concerns.

After poking around with a multi-meter it seems that the Vcc is a direct connection to the battery voltage, so would give ~14.8 - 16.8 Volts if your’re using a 4S battery.
Vcc is not a voltage sensor, it will destroy your flight controller if connected directly.

I don’t think the board actually has a voltage sensor.

I’d say that the 5V pad you circled in the lower image will be suitable for powering the pixracer, mine gave about 5.03V which is well within tolerance.

Robert.

Hey did you guys ever figure this out? I have this same PDB and trying to power my pixracer. I also want to power a camera, which needs 5V as well.

It seems like the pixracer has two pins for 5V and 2 for GRD, on the outer edge of the PDB there are two ports for 5V and ground. There are also a few places to connect 5V and ground, on the top, not on the edge. The “blue” connections in this schematic are what I’m referring to.
http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=fchub-6s

I guess I’m wondering what I might do for the camera. Should I try to connect it to these “blue” connections in the schematic? or could I try and splice it in on one of the 5V ports on the edge? Would it still receive enough current?

Thanks in advance, this is for a school project and I’m pretty inexperienced with this.

-M