How can I control offboard mode using RC?

Hello!
I’m trying to flight using ‘mavsdk offboard example’ for python.
But I read warning msg as belows,

WARNING

OFFBOARD control is dangerous. If you are operating on a real vehicle be sure to have a way of gaining back manual control in case something goes wrong.

So I want to know how to control it manually, but I don’t know.
Please tell me how to control it manually!

Thanks a lot :smile:

Not sure if that’s the best way, but I would map a switch on my RC to the flight modes. Say you start “offboard” mode from your MAVSDK code, and then whenever you flip the switch, it puts PX4 back to “position” mode (hence leaving “offboard”).

How do you currently fly your drone manually? Don’t you have something like that already (i.e. a way to control the modes from the RC)?

Hiii, guy. I think u can set a channel of RC as a switch to get into offboard (change the flight mode ) not through code. So u can get out offboard mode by RC, if meeting some accidents.

Good luck

Thank you for your answer!

I’m going to put it in “Position Mode” and do it.
So I put RC in position mode and run the ‘offboard script’, right?
However, if the offboard script is running normally, it cannot be controlled with RC, and if there is an abnormality in the offboard script, is it right that it will be switched to ‘position mode’ and can be controlled with RC? And can the mode be monitored through QGC? I don’t know if I understood correctly.

Thank you for your answer!
If the offboard script is running normally, it cannot be controlled with RC, and if there is an abnormality in the offboard script, is it right that it will be switched to ‘position mode’ and can be controlled with RC? And can the mode be monitored through QGC? I don’t know if I understood correctly.

if there is an abnormality in the offboard script, is it right that it will be switched to ‘position mode’

No. The whole point is that you don’t want to rely on the offboard mode: in case you observe that there is a problem, you want to interrupt offboard manually (e.g. by flipping a switch on your RC to go back to position mode).

And can the mode be monitored through QGC?

QGC always shows the arming state (ARMED/DISARMED) and the mode (Position/Mission/etc), doesn’t it? Or did I misunderstand the question? :thinking:

1. Yes! Now I figure it out!
  2. Right! I can see the flight mode on QGC!