'goto_location'

Hello

I’m in my third bachelor engineering technology. For my bachelorsassignment we have to write code for an autonomous flight test.
We’re supposed to write a mission using some specific functions. One of the functions we miss is a ‘goto_location’ function.
Right now I’m trying to convert the distance in degree’s between two coördinates into a distance in meters but I still get some errors.
I am using following code:
`
import math
“”“radius of the Earth”""
r = 6373.0
class Waypoint():
def init (self, lat, lon):
self.lat = lat
self.lon = lon

async def distancelat(self, wp1, wp2):
    """LATITUDE"""
    self.wp1 = wp1
    self.wp2 = wp2
    lat1rad = math.radians(wp1.lat)
    lat2rad = math.radians(wp2.lat)

# change in coordinates
    dlon = 0
    dlat = lat2rad - lat1rad
    # Haversine formula
    a1 = math.sin(dlat / 2) ** 2 + math.cos(lat1rad) * math.cos(lat2rad) * math.sin(dlon / 2) ** 2
    c1 = 2 * math.atan2(math.sqrt(a1), math.sqrt(1 - a1))
    distancelat = float(r * c1*1000)
    return distancelat

async def distancelon(self, wp1, wp2):
    """LONGITUDE"""
    self.wp1 = wp1
    self.wp2 = wp2
    lon1rad = math.radians(wp1.lon)
    lon2rad = math.radians(wp2.lon)
    lat1rad = math.radians(wp1.lat)
    lat2rad = math.radians(wp2.lat)

# change in coordinates
    dlon = lon2rad - lon1rad
    dlat = 0
    # Haversine formula
    a = math.sin(dlat / 2) ** 2 + math.cos(lat1rad) * math.cos(lat2rad) * math.sin(dlon / 2) ** 2
    c = 2 * math.atan2(math.sqrt(a), math.sqrt(1 - a))
    distancelong = float(r * c*1000)
    return distancelong

`

By using using the offboard function ‘set_position_ned’ I try to make the drone fly to it’s new location.

wp1 = Waypoint(47.3977395, 8.5455929) wp2 = Waypoint(47.398039859999997, 8.5455725400000002) mnorth = Waypoint.distancelat(wp1, wp2) meast = Waypoint.distancelon(wp1, wp2) await drone.offboard.set_position_ned( (PositionNedYaw(mnorth, meast, -5, 0)))

When trying to complete the mission I get the errors ‘no RC and no offboard’. Another error I get is that parameter ‘wp2’ is ‘‘unfilled’’.

Is there any way i can solve this? Is there an easier option?

Hope to hear from you soon and thanks in advance
Katrijn Chys

Goto is coming with the next release, we’ve been working on syncing the C++ and Python API as well as other languages.

Do you have RC? And have you made sure to send one offboard setpoint before doing start?

Where do you get that one? I have never seen that.