Error Uploading firmware through terminal

ERROR: Board can accept larger flash images (2080768 bytes) than board config (1032192 bytes). Please use the correct board configuration to avoid lacking critical functionality.

This is the error I’m getting after running make px4fmu-v2_default upload

You have one of the boards without the silicon error, so you should flash the firmware version 3:

make px4fmu-v3_default upload

In the documentation says that the px4fm4-v3 is for the pixhawk V2 and i have the pixhawk 1, do you think it will work if i do as you say???

Are you sure you are definately using PIxhawk 1, instead of pixracer or something else?
The pixhawk 1 and 2 have the same flash space, so that error shouldn’t pop up if your using Pixhawk 1.
Pixhawk1 does use v2, and PIxhawk 2 uses v3.

Also, what branch are you using?
I typically switch to ‘stable’ to do anything with it (just in case master is not stable).

I have some problem for pixhawk 2.4.6 on Ubuntu 16
V2

V3 upload 2 times. But I try 6. Some times it stop on 30% or 60%

But QGC upload for FMUv2 without problem

Try to upload FMUv3 via QGC

Hey, guys,

I have this same issue while flashing my HKPilot32 board (Hobbyking Pixhawk).

Usually, I should use make px4fmu-v2_default upload to build and upload PX4 firmware for HKPilot32 (https://dev.px4.io/en/setup/building_px4.html), however, I’m having the following output:

[1/1] uploading /home/arpac/src/firmwa...x4fmu-v2_default/px4fmu-v2_default.px4
Loaded firmware for 9,0, size: 1021841 bytes, waiting for the bootloader...
If the board does not respond within 1-2 seconds, unplug and re-plug the USB connector.
Found board 9,0 bootloader rev 5 on /dev/serial/by-id/usb-3D_Robotics_PX4_BL_FMU_v2.x_0-if00

ERROR: Board can accept larger flash images (2080768 bytes) than board config (1032192 bytes). Please use the correct board configuration to avoid lacking critical functionality.

Nonetheless, flashing it with make px4fmu-v3_default seems to work fine for now.

Someone has the same issue or knows a workaround for it, please. Thanks.

If you open default cmake file of fmu-v3, it is menstioned on the top that it is for fmu-v2 with 2MB flash. So, fmu-v3 will work. But if you want to add yours own code then this will not help, as the build will use 86% of flash. This is because v3 will use lot of extra appps as compared to v2. You can disable build for some useless app to get flash for your code.