Error building qgroundcontrol for Android

Basically 2 questions (trying to solve the first I run into an additional question). I have tried a few different things and am at a loss as to which direction to proceed so any pointers is much appreciated. My problem:

I am using QT Creator trying to build the qgroundcontrol project for Android device. It is very recent, maybe 1 week old. (I am able to build it for Windows). The build output I get the following error:

compileDebugAidl FAILED FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
What went wrong: Execution failed for task ‘:compileDebugAidl’.
com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException:
org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process ‘command
‘C:\Users\chuck\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\29.0.0\aidl.exe’’
finished with non-zero exit value -1073741819

I researched this error and found this SO question:

It says there is a known bug in 29.0.0 so I follow the advice in the answers and try to revert back to build tools version 28.0.3. (This may not even be the solution to the problem but I went down this path - let me know if there is a better solution…)

I get the following error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

What went wrong: A problem occurred configuring root project
‘android-build’. failed to find Build Tools revision 29.0.0

What is making it look for build tools 29.0.0? After this error I reverted the Platform tools version back to 28.0.2 from 29.x thinking that this may be causing it and I still get the same result. I have looked through the gradle files and the QT solution and can not find any reference to that version (29.0.0) of build tool.

It is suggesting that I Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. - I am new to QT and have not yet figured out how to do this yet. Any pointers appreciated.

My tool details follow:

Android Device and Tools Setup

The full build output first case (aidl error): https://textuploader.com/1jt7q!

The full build output second case (tools error): http://txt.do/1jt7k

Just for FYI: The CI released version of QGC are built with the 28 SDK and the 25.0.3 build tools.

Getting android setup correctly is a nightmare of complexity. I would expect doubly so on Windows. You best help is Qt docs.

1 Like