Does PX4 support OFFBOARD mode for Rover?

Hi,

I would like to control a Rover in OFFBOARD mode through MAVROS, e.g. sending position setpoints. I am not sure if this is currently supported in PX4. If it is, I would appreciate if someone points me in the right directions.

I also would like to be able to test both quadcopter and rover concurrently in SITL. Is this also supported, or only one of them can be simulated at a time?

@Jaeyoung-Lim any ideas?

Thank you.

Both are supported and work out of the box

For multivehicle sims: https://dev.px4.io/master/en/simulation/multi_vehicle_simulation_gazebo.html

Thanks @Jaeyoung-Lim. I just tried to launch rover in Gazebo using
roslaunch px4 mavros_posix_sitl.launch vehicle:=rover
and I noticed that the real-time factor in Gazebo does not reach 1. It’s in the range 0.6-0.7. I am not sure what the bottleneck is. I have a decent machine and I would not expect it to be a limitation as I can run multi-drone simulation with real-time factor 1.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

I also would like to mention that I am using PX4 v1.10.1

@Mzahana It is something happening recently and I am not sure what is causing this

The original Gazebo model does not slow down the simulation. So it is most probably related to the additions and plugins that are added to interface it to PX4

Have you found a solution for this issue? I’m facing the same problem, using PX4 v.1.11.
Actually, using any two different vehicles will kill the real-time factor, which drops to 0.1.

@fulano Will be fixed if you try latest master