CUAV X7+ Pro Maximum Speed Limit using QGC(PX4)

Dear Dev. Team,

I am using Px4 firmware and Qground control for CUAV X7 Pro.

1. My goal is to achieve drone speed of more than 250 m/Sec(or 720km/hr) by using CUAV X7+ Pro.
  2. Is it possible to achieve that speed by using that Autopilot ?
  3. if not possible, how much maximum speed , we can achieve by using CUAV.
  4. The maximum speed limit in Qground control is 40m/sec, would it possible to change that limit?

NOTE: I have V-tail Fixed Wing Drone using Jet Engine.

This is nothing to do with your flight controller board (CUAV). It will be a function of what the flight stack (PX4) and your hardware allow.

You can change the max speed in QGC easily enough but I suspect that this probably reflects the maximum value of a parameter in PX4. Further, I am sure that you could change the parameter maximum too, but then you’d be in uncharged territory - how much of the other tuning etc would apply I do not know.

@sfuhrer If someone wanted to try this, is it theoretically possible by changing maximum values of params etc or is it “unknown”.

1 Like

Dear sir,
let’s assume that i change the speed parameter to 100m/sec in QGC but how to simulate that speed in flight gear. As rascal plane in PX4 firmware is unable to achieve that speed.

Yes a lot of PX4 parameters (settings) have quite random min/max values, that are usually set to the “normal” operation range of “normal” drones. I’m not a fan of these random constraints, but opinions differ. You can always overwrite them by “force saving” a parameter.

how to simulate that speed in flight gear. As rascal plane in PX4 firmware is unable to achieve that speed.

There is no simulation vehicle existing that flies even close to the speed.

1 Like