Configure VTOL in QGroundControl and Gazebo

Hi All,

I’m new to Dronecode. I’m currently running standard_vtol in Gazebo on Ubuntu 16.04 using “make posix_sitl_default gazebo_standard_vtol”. I assume this will set up all calibrations correctly. Is that true? Or do I need to configure parameters through QGroundControl before I start simulated flying?

I would like to understand how to tweak PX4 and/or Gazebo such that the simulated airframe initializes pointing West instead of East. Can somebody suggest how I might learn to do that?

Vic

Maybe changing pose in gazebo model’s sdf file will do the job? You can find it under Tools/sitl_gazebo/models/model_name/model_name.sdf

There is something like x y z roll pitch yaw

So changing yaw to pi/2 radians (you should calculate this value in radians and put it there) probably will do the job. Just change the top level pose because there are poses for each component of model as well everywhere below.

Also you can rotate your model in Gazebo GUI. Just click on it and choose rotation icon (at the top of the model’s window 3rd in the row) then you can rotate it in 3 DoF.